The UC San Diego Frontiers of Innovation Scholars Program (FISP) awards project fellowships to undergraduate students, graduate students, and postdoctoral scholars who focus on on the themes meant to build the student-centered, research-focused, service-oriented public university of the future.
- Understanding and Protecting the Planet
- Enriching Human Life and Society
- Exploring the Basis of Human Knowledge, Learning and Creativity
- Understanding Cultures and Addressing Disparities in Society
This year, three of the UCSD graduate students were recipients of this award:
- Rawan Arar, who’s research interests are Refugees, international immigration, human rights, the Middle East, and gender.
- Emma Greeson, who specializes in culture, economic sociology, markets, material culture, materiality, and secondhand.
- Lindsay DePalma, who’s areas of specialization include sociology of religion, culture, economic sociology, stratification, and comparative-historical sociology.