Blackwell Textbooks in Linguistics
Accessible, succinct, and including numerous student-friendly features, this introductory textbook offers an exceptional foundation to the field for those who are coming to it for the first time.
- Provides an ideal first course book in phonology, written by a renowned phonologist
- Developed and tested in the classroom through years of experience and use
- Emphasizes analysis of phonological data, placing this in its scientific context, and explains the relevant methodology
- Guides students through the larger questions of what phonological patterns reveal about language
- Includes numerous course-friendly features, including multi-part exercises and annotated suggestions for further reading at the end of each chapter